- Mobile video consumption rapidly increasing, claims Ericsson report 3 September 2015 | 1:10 pm
- Builders, utilities, and telcos must work together to provider fiber FROM the home 3 September 2015 | 12:34 pm
- IBM partners with ARM to unify IoT platforms 3 September 2015 | 11:28 am
- Huawei and Sony strive for smartphone innovation ahead of iPhone launch 3 September 2015 | 10:47 am
- How Ubuntu OpenStack makes the cloud work for telcos and service providers 2 September 2015 | 2:15 pm
Exploring the future for IMS; RCS, VoLTE and Real Time Web Communication
Informa are delighted to announce the success of the IMS World Forum 2015. With an impressive agenda, topics and themes for the conference included:
- SDN & NFV
As an increasing number of end-to-end IMS core solutions are being adopted, delivering converged solutions from a single common platform, enabling some fantastic next-gen services such as VoLTE to begin to proliferate. 2015 is proving to be a pinnacle year with a gradual build up of many, many months of deliberation and testing to finally getting these services onto live networks.
With the great success of IMS World Forum 2015 we have chosen the highlights and most popular topics of the event which included:
- The role WebRTC is playing in IMS based networks
- Latest roll outs of VoLTE
- The VoLTE and RCS convergent platforms
- Latest views from Telco trials on functional and architectural aspects on WebRTC
- Discussions in a wide range of panel discussions
- The recent deployments in RCS were analysed as a mass market service
- Insight into best practice for partnering and working with application developers
- The complexity concerns surrounding current IMS architectures
- Talks on how best to position IMS technology as an enabler for enhanced services
- The latest developments in operating IMS via the cloud
- How best to facilitate interoperability with OTT players
This highly focused workshop brought together deep technical and deep business thought leadership on WebRTC with Alan Quayle which provided attendees with a unique independent workshop.
The workshop provided a deep-dive quantified analysis of the WebRTC status which enabled attendees to understand what is likely to emerge over the next 18 months to 2 years in this complex rapidly emerging ecosystem and what it will mean to their business.
Martin Geddes from the Hypervoice Consortium lead this workshop. This half day training highlighted the drivers in value-added voice services and demonstrated operator experience of voice service innovation. Further case studies reviewed the emerging opportunity areas in Call recording, next-generation conferencing, enterprise social voice and call tracking.
The IMS Industry Awards 2015 took place on 19 May 2015 which celebrated achievements of those in the IMS/Telco industry throughout 2015. Congratulations to all of the winners which are listed on the IMS Industry Awards page.
Great opportunity for networkingOP, Huawei
Great event for IMS and RCS futureEK, Huawei
The event for everyone that is involved with IMS, either from business or from technological perspectivePS, KPN
Great investment of time in brainstorming with industry peers and broadening your own viewsKS, Etisalat
Excellent conference to keep up to date with what is happening in the world of IMSTN, TNO
Excellent conference, with the right balance between technical depth and broad perspectiveSM, Videotron
A very interesting event with good presentationsBR, Telenor Norge AS
It is a good chance of networking in the industryHR, SK Telecom
The best IMS gatheringMV, IMS & NGN Forum
Good panel of presentations (from operators to 3rd party developer), interesting subjectsPC, Bouygues Telecom