- Barclaycard extends wearable payment devices portfolio 30 June 2015 | 11:27 am
- Citrix ByteMobile on the new encrypted traffic landscape 30 June 2015 | 11:17 am
- BT, Accenture and Cisco found Wireless IoT Forum board 30 June 2015 | 11:00 am
- Europe agrees to scrap roaming charges by June 2017 30 June 2015 | 10:35 am
- OpenDaylight SDN platform announces third release 29 June 2015 | 2:42 pm
Exploring the future for IMS; RCS, VoLTE and Real Time Web Communication
Informa are delighted to announce the success of the IMS World Forum 2015. With an impressive agenda, topics and themes for the conference included:
- SDN & NFV
As an increasing number of end-to-end IMS core solutions are being adopted, delivering converged solutions from a single common platform, enabling some fantastic next-gen services such as VoLTE to begin to proliferate. 2015 is proving to be a pinnacle year with a gradual build up of many, many months of deliberation and testing to finally getting these services onto live networks.
With the great success of IMS World Forum 2015 we have chosen the highlights and most popular topics of the event which included:
- The role WebRTC is playing in IMS based networks
- Latest roll outs of VoLTE
- The VoLTE and RCS convergent platforms
- Latest views from Telco trials on functional and architectural aspects on WebRTC
- Discussions in a wide range of panel discussions
- The recent deployments in RCS were analysed as a mass market service
- Insight into best practice for partnering and working with application developers
- The complexity concerns surrounding current IMS architectures
- Talks on how best to position IMS technology as an enabler for enhanced services
- The latest developments in operating IMS via the cloud
- How best to facilitate interoperability with OTT players
This highly focused workshop brought together deep technical and deep business thought leadership on WebRTC with Alan Quayle which provided attendees with a unique independent workshop.
The workshop provided a deep-dive quantified analysis of the WebRTC status which enabled attendees to understand what is likely to emerge over the next 18 months to 2 years in this complex rapidly emerging ecosystem and what it will mean to their business.
Martin Geddes from the Hypervoice Consortium lead this workshop. This half day training highlighted the drivers in value-added voice services and demonstrated operator experience of voice service innovation. Further case studies reviewed the emerging opportunity areas in Call recording, next-generation conferencing, enterprise social voice and call tracking.
Following last year's success, the IMS awards will once again recognise achievements made by those in the IMS industry. Entries will be accepted from the 28th January – 15th March when our judging panel will receive and begin to review the submissions.
Great opportunity for networkingOP, Huawei
Great event for IMS and RCS futureEK, Huawei
The event for everyone that is involved with IMS, either from business or from technological perspectivePS, KPN
Great investment of time in brainstorming with industry peers and broadening your own viewsKS, Etisalat
Excellent conference to keep up to date with what is happening in the world of IMSTN, TNO
Excellent conference, with the right balance between technical depth and broad perspectiveSM, Videotron
A very interesting event with good presentationsBR, Telenor Norge AS
It is a good chance of networking in the industryHR, SK Telecom
The best IMS gatheringMV, IMS & NGN Forum
Good panel of presentations (from operators to 3rd party developer), interesting subjectsPC, Bouygues Telecom